Friday, January 16, 2009

I've been slacking

Well it's been awhile since I've posted so I have some things to catch up on. Christmas was way fun! It was so nice seeing everyone, and we wish Anj, Brent and Taryn could have made it, but it sounds like they had a nice Christmas together in Tacoma. We had fun while Kim, Matt and Ellie were in town. We went to Leatherby's and took a walk down Christmas Street one night. I loved the look on Ellie's face when they served her her ice cream. She looked so excited! It was fun watching all the kids interract during the Christmas party, they are so much fun. Mylee is so cute and has been standing up and doing little dances. She is starting to get an early start with walking,...I can't believe how fast the kids grow up. I love being with the fam during Christmas.
New Year's was fun, I was able to hang out with some friends, (thank you Alicia for inviting me) and we watched some movies and went to Red Robin for dinner. It was really nice getting out, I had a lot of fun.
Winston got some fun toys for Christmas, all of which he has already eaten or severely maimed. He cracks me up. I am not sure how he selects which stuffed animals he turns against and which ones can stay in his good graces. So far the only animal that has made it unscathed is his beloved bunny. He handles it as he would a puppy, gently carries it around and sleeps with it at night. I think it's so cute.
Work has been going well. It's been a tough year so far for some co-workers, but they have been so positive and just such good examples to me. I really hope things improve and that they are blessed for their strength and courage. I am so grateful for the awesome friends I have at work, they are such positive, encouraging people.
Tomorrow Mom, Michelle and I are going up to Morgan for Bob Whittier's funeral, my great uncle. It is sad to see the relatives aging and starting to leave us. I hope his family finds the comfort they need right now. I am sure he and Grandpa will enjoy each other's company on the other side. As I was reading his obit, I realized how much he and Grandpa had in common. I never did know him very well, just from family get-togethers. It will be good to see everyone tomorrow at the funeral.
Well that's about it for now, I will try to be a more dilligent blogger.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

that's funny little Winston is good friends with his bunny enough to not decapitate it!!! hahaha what a cute dog! Glad you had a great holiday, and thanks for helping with Manda's shower! It was great!