I just want to tell everyone right now, please appreciate who you are and what God has given you. If He has given you pale skin and freckles, find the beauty in it. If He has given you mousey brown hair(mine), bright red hair, or even no hair, find the beauty in it. If you're not as shapely as you'd like to be, or you're more shapely than you'd care to be, find beauty in the unique shape you have. If you look in the mirror and all you can see are flaws, find the beauty in the imperfections and realize the great depth and compassion it gives you as a person.
We are all different for a reason and in conforming to whatever happens to be hip, stylish, or even what we perceive to be a critical means to our heightened self-esteem, we are putting not only our self-worth at risk, but at times our health. A new face or new skin or a new body are not what's going to ultimately make us feel better about ourselves. A renewed sense of our self-worth and the knowledge that God designed you just the way you are for a purpose will help more than anything else. Just remember that some of the things we choose to put ourselves through in the name of self-esteem might just be the things that end up destroying it.
London turned 7 months!
12 years ago
3 comments:
this is inspiring.... except I find no beauty in the stretch marks I got from being pregnant!!!! eheheh
I wouldn't change a thing about you lee :)
Thanks for that, I needed it! =)
Post a Comment