Well, having mono isn't nearly as bad as having tonsilitis I've decided. At first when I went to the doctor last week, they tested me for strep and it came out negative of course because I had started antibiotics. So I was prescribed nothing, the doctor knew I had started antibiotics but for some reason didn't consider my results could be masked. So he sent me home telling me to use some lozenges and gargle and I should be fine. But we knew it had to be a secondary bacterial infection because of the severity of it over the weekend. The pain was so bad that I just couldn't stand it, I never knew it could be that painful. I'm so glad I went to the ER because otherwise I would've just been given a prescription of antibiotic and sent home. But the ER gave me an IV of a heavy-duty antibiotic and morphine and it helped a lot the first night. But they sent me home and the Lortab they prescribed didn't even eat away at the pain in the night, in fact the pain just got worse. And the Lortab made me feel so sick. So back to the ER yesterday and they put me on the same IV, but this time it didn't really work. They kept giving me more morphine but it wouldn't take the pain away like the night before. I was very hesitant to leave when they discharged me cause I didn't feel like anything was accomplished.
This time they've sent me home with a prescription for Prednizone, and then for Percocet, both of which are helping a lot so far. The prednizone has really helped cut down some of the swelling. I couldn't believe how big my tonsils got, my uvula was actually touching my tonsils, and it was just so hard to swallow. I was really scared that I wouldn't be able to breathe or swallow at all if it went on. So I'm really glad I got those things at the ER,they were so helpful. They gave me a list of Ear Nose & Throat doctors to call about getting a Tonsilectomy. I'm not looking forward to that at all, but after the excruciating pain I felt with this infection, I think I can handle it. I'm sure that with all the stress with the divorce and house stuff my immune system was just shot and that's how I've gotten so sick. Everyone has been so nice to pray for me and to help me right now. Mom and Dad both took me in to the ER on those separate days and got my prescriptions for me and helped me so much. And everyone has been so sweet to call and check up on me and sending me emails. I have the best family in the world, they are all so thoughtful. I got a call from the relief society president yesterday and a nice card from a friend in the ward. Everyone at work has been so nice to let me have work off, it's already been three days off and I feel really bad. They are always so thoughtful and understanding. It makes such a huge difference to work in an office where people actually care about you. They are just great people. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people in my life. I feel really blessed. Thank you everyone for being so good to me.
Ok I'm not going to get all emotional here so I better go. I think all this medication has turned me into a blubbering baby. I kept crying the other day at the ER, not all because of the pain. I guess all the medications can make you emotional. Anyway, I am going to go rest now. That is all for today. I need to go take a nap with Winsie.
London turned 7 months!
12 years ago

1 comment:
Lee! I had NO idea that you were sick! I took Elijah over to Jill's yesterday for him to get a haircut and we were talking about you, but didn't know how you were doing. If I had known, I would've told her last night! I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky! When are you going to get your tonsillectomy? Let me know if you need anything!
-Silvia
Post a Comment