
We stopped to let Winsie greet the horses on our way to Morgan

Great Grandma and Grandpa Roger's old house in Morgan

Today we drove up to Grandpa's grave in Morgan. We put some fall flowers and mini scarecrows on his plot. It was such a beautiful day. I know Grandpa would have loved to go for a drive up to Morgan on a day like this. Maybe he was with us. I'm so glad we got to go up there to the cemetery. I have been thinking so much about Grandpa and about how much I miss him. It's really been hitting me more lately.I still can't believe he's gone, sometimes it just feels like he's supposed to still be here. I miss Grandpa's sweet presence so much. Whenever I spoke with him or got an email he completely brightened my day. I miss hearing Grandpa's prayers. They were always so heartlfelt and sincere. I miss hearing his stories, he always had such awesome stories and experiences. Grandpa had such a way of making us feel special. I miss hearing him call me "LeeLee you sweet girl". I was trying to remember the other day what the last thing was that Grandpa said to me and it was that. I will never forget that. I am so grateful that I know I will see him again, that we will all be together again as a family. When we were with Grandpa before he passed away I had a strong confirmation that death really is not the end and that we would be reunited again someday. When I was saying goodbye to him I really knew more than ever that it would just be for a short while. I also witnessed how strong the human spirit is. When we arrived at the hospital that night,the doctors said that Grandpa was not coherent or responsive to them. But I knew Grandpa was aware we were there with him that night, and that he heard every word we said to him. I won't forget how his eyes changed from a glazed over state, to looking right at me when I went to his side to say goodbye. I know he heard what I said and what he would've said to each of us if he could have spoken. I think that was one of the hardest things I've ever witnessed yet the most powerful. I miss him so much, but I really believe he is with us and watching over our family.

The view from Grandpa's grave. It's such a pretty view.

We drove to Echo on our way home. This is the cafe Grandpa's family ran. I've always wanted to see it. It's for sale now, I wish I could buy it:)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time! I'm sorry you miss your grandpa so much... I have no grandparents nearby and I miss them all!
Hi Lee.
Thanks for the pictures and the post, I enjoyed them so much. I miss Grandpa too. I wish he were still here. I hope you're doing well. Love, Anj
Post a Comment