My throat feels 100% better! I can't believe what a difference I feel compared to last Sunday. Hooray for modern medicine. I still feel really worn down and weak from the mono, but I can cope with that. I decided today I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and embrace challenges. I felt so sorry for myself all week, feeling like now that I've finally gotten ahead and gotten through the toughest thing I could, I'm back to feeling like crap again. I was in completely the wrong mindframe. Instead of thinking about how lucky I have been that things have gone smoothly thus far and that I'm on my way to achieving whatever I want to in life, I have focused on how I need to get a tonsillectomy...how I might miss Thanksgiving... and if the house doesn't sell soon then I won't have any money left in my account. And surely I can't even think of applying to schools and for financial aid, I have too much left to resolve in the meantime. I need to calm down and realize that things are going to work out. I think sometimes we get sick so we are forced to take a break. Otherwise we might never make time to do it. So today I've tried to do some attitude-adjusting. I read a really good article from the conference issue of the Ensign by Elder Wirthlin called "Come What May, and Love It". It was very inspirational. It really made me think about how grateful I am for what I've been through the past few years and despite how painful it was, it has given me a wonderful gift of growth. It sounds strange but it makes me almost want to say that I love trials. Nevermind, I take it back. :) I wouldn't go that far I guess. But I am grateful for what can happen when we use our trials as stepping stones.
Winston's getting mad so I'm going to pay some attention to him now.

1 comment:
I agree. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was really mad, then when I almost lost Jacen and was put on bedrest for a month, I learned to really love him and embrace the challenge that was to come! And what a blessing he is to us. Sometimes we don't understand why the Lord puts challenges in the way, but I know they're always there for a reason, for us to learn something from it. My lesson was to be able to not be so selfish ehehehe
I'm so glad you're feeling better Lee! And I hope your house sells soon!
-Silvia
Post a Comment